cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yiazmat
Message 1 of 4

MK3 Socket & Strange Wiring.

I will try to keep this short as possible.

Over the past 3 years, our internet has been dropping out. It happens A LOT more in Winter. In fact, at the moment, we have had no connection for 2 days straight.

We only have one working socket in the house (master socket), all others are disconnected. This socket has an MK3 faceplate on it.

In total, there are six wires coming out of the main white cord: Blue & White/Blue, Orange & White/Orange, Green & White/Green

Inside, the green pair are connected to the A & B junctions. The Green is in B and the White/Green is in A. It has been this way for a while. It's also worth noting that the phone is clear and fine.

I have read as much as I can about the wiring, but everything I come back with says the Green Pair of wires are not used, and that the Blue wires should be connected to the A & B junctions. I have connected the Blue Pair to A & B, but we end up with no dial tone and no connection.

My question: Is the wiring in my socket actually correct or is it completely wrong?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: MK3 Socket & Strange Wiring.

The green pair are obviously in your case the live pair and need to stay connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

the wires have obviously been swapped out from the normal blue white/blue probably as the result of a fault. However if those pairs have become faulty so coukd the green pair.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

if your phone works and is clear with no noise then the green pair are obviously ok and no need to change   the problem could easily be a faulty MK3 faceplate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings