Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJT80
Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: Master Socket Corrosion Replacement

Thanks @imjolly Smiley Happy

@vicousvern in which case if you feel confident you can do the job yourself (as per imjolly's comments) I would take a photo of the wiring and note it down (to be safe) and the replacement you need to search for is: OpenReach NTE5/5a (I am not sure technically what the difference is)

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
vicousvern
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Well like I said before its currently working without that circuit but I would like to replace it anyway. I understand the risk involved, my only question is would the one in the Amazon link work as I'm happy to pay £10.
I was told last time by an engineer that I would be charged for damp issues but there's nothing I can do other than replace these parts every couple of years or so I guess.
I'm just not happy to pay £130 now if I can repair it myself! Thanks guys.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

Your previous Amazon link was probably deleted by mod as you are not permitted to put up this type of link

personally I would get a MK3 SSFP and probably buy from auction site as there are many people selling genuine openreach sockets

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
vicousvern
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Thanks I shall have a look and post back in a few days hopefully, see how it goes. Thanks again for the advise from everyone.
0 Ratings
CJT80
Expert
Message 15 of 15

@vicousvern wrote:
Thanks I shall have a look and post back in a few days hopefully, see how it goes. Thanks again for the advise from everyone.

@vicousvern I have sent you a Private Message (PM)

Smiley Happy

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings