cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Master face plate

Go to solution
The faceplate on my main BT socket isn't working. I have ordered a replacement bit the issue I have is the existing face plate has 4 ports in it whereas the new one only has 3. I have 2 blue, two, two blue and white, two orange and two orange and white cables. Where can I but a new faceplate with 4 ports?
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Master face plate

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Who do you pay your line rental to?

Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Not sure what you mean by ports?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
By ports I mean the piece inside the face plate that you slot the wires into. Our existing face plate has 4 spaces but the new one I have purchased only has 3, we have 8 wires, 2 of each colour
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@Egn1974 

Who do you pay your line rental to, as this is a BT Retail forum?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Utility Warehouse
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@Egn1974 wrote:
Utility Warehouse

Then you would need to talk with them, or ask on their forum, as it would not be possible to give you advice on another Service Provider`s connection, in case it was wrong, and you were faced with a visit charge.

The master socket and wiring is the property of Openreach, who work for all providers apart from Virgin Media.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Ok, I am working on an Openreach box and was only looking for some guidance as I am fed up going round in circles with this
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

If you cannot fix it, then either find a local phone technician, or ask your provider to arrange a visit from Openreach. I would expect a charge would be raised for that if its your fault.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

there are plenty youtube videos or even searching google will show you how to wire a master socket

or get a local telecom emgineer rather than pay openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings