Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nannym
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Master socket location

I have 1 master telephone socket in the small bedroom, the main telephone comes direct from the line outside. The reason it is there is because I have bt infinity and my computer, main telephone and bt vision are all in the same room. Downstairs in the lounge I have a bt dual-band wifi extender. My extension phones are simply plugged into electric socket.

I am now replacing my phone and the new one has an answer machine and obviously I do not want to go upstairs every time to check whether I have any messages when I have been out (legs not what they used to be!) I know I could use an extension cable but it would have to be very very long. Is it possible to have a new socket installed in the lounge? The route from the point outside would be a lot easier route than using a long extension cable - even if you get get one that long! If yes how do I organise this and price this might be. I have tried to get answers on bt website but I am obviously not looking in the right place.

If someone can assist I would be very grateful.
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: Master socket location

Unless the price has gone up in the past few years then BT charge £130 for the engineer to call out then £75 per extension socket he fits.

Once installed its under warranty for 12 months...

To be honest you would be best off googling local telecoms engineers who would do it a lot cheaper... You'd probably find a lot of ex BT engineers who do that sort of thing...
0 Ratings