cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
papageo8
Message 1 of 6

Move master socket

Go to solution

I am wanting to move my master socket and ethernet to either another room or another part of the current room it sits in.

I contacted bt who said to contact your phone provider (sky). I then contacted sky who said they can't book an engineer because it isn't a fault. I'm willing to pay for it, but they said it makes no difference. 

I've been on the open reach website and can't find anything on there.

Any help would be great.

I have pictures of my current setup.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Move master socket

Go to solution
0 Ratings
papageo8
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks. I've filled in their web form.
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
I’m not sure that OR link will be of any use, it’s for moving external ‘line plant’, or reporting things OR need to address ( cabinet doors left open, wires hanging low over a road etc) rather than a residential customers master socket, what you want can be done , there are orders the ISP can raise with OR, the work is charged to the ISP , who then charge their customer on their customers regular bill ( they are free to charge the same as Openreach charge them , or discount it , or more likely add on their margin for organising the work )
As Sky are your provider, it’s down to them to arrange it, if they cannot or will not, that’s a reflection on their inability to raise anything other than ordinary provides or migrations, asking on a BT Consumer forum ( as a Sky customer ) isn’t going to get a BT Mod offering to arrange it for you
papageo8
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply. 

Back to sky then 

Cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Or just get a local ex telecom man in to do it if you don't feel capable yourself. 😉

0 Ratings