Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sabo
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Move phone number from a relative to new account

I have looked for the answer as best I can but still can't find a definitive answer.

My girlfriends Nan has died (account still active) we would like to keep the number and move it to our property (no current phone contract but phone line installed)

How do we do this?

Thanks
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Move phone number from a relative to new account

Hi @Sabo and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriends Nan, please pass on my condolences. Is that account being kept on by another family member? If not then it will need to be ceased which will free up the number on that line. Provided it isn't taken by another customer you could request it once your line is up and running.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Sabo
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks David.

The number was actually used as an office (for farming business). My girlfriend (the granddaughter) wants to keep the number for business/convenience reasons.

I got that general idea from reading other posts. Would it likely to be more successful if I had the new account up and running beforehand, or cancel old and setup new at same time.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Sabo,

You could take a chance in cancelling the old account before setting up the new one but once the account is ceased the number will go back into circulation so there is a chance you could lose it. Your best bet would be to contact the business sales team on 0800 800 152 and they'll be able to advise on the best way forward.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings