Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamiejones
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Moved house - BT say they connected landline and broadband but not working

Go to solution

Hi all,

I moved into a new house last week and BT connected up the landline and broadband yesterday 'successfully' according to them. Plugging in my phone and router to the master socket does nothing - phone does not have a dial tone, and router just keeps flasing purple.

The number they gave me as my new number rings through to someone elses house when I dial it so dont know what is going on there and when I spoke to BT on the help chat but they couldn't explain why this might be the case, but would raise a fault to be investigated.

Furthermore, I see that charges are now appearing on my new number, even though I am not able to use it?? Outgoing calls to mobile numbers I don't recognise. 

Any ideas what the fault may be and what I should do? I work from home so do not want this to drag on if at all possible.

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moved house - BT say they connected landline and broadband but not working

Go to solution

Your line has been connected to the wrong house, you need an engineer visit to sort it out.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @jamiejones,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry you haven't been able to use the service at your new address. It does sound like it could be a crossed line. I'll be able to help you with this. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
jamiejones
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks PaddyB, I will send through the contact form straight away

0 Ratings
jamiejones
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi PaddyB - were you able to look into this? Still no luck with my phone line and broadband and I have further charges coming up on my account for calls which I have not made. 

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @jamiejones

Thanks for posting back!

I have checked our email queue and we have received your details.  You're quite close to the top now so it won't be long until one of the guys get back to you to help.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@jamiejones I've been trying to reach you over the last few days but unfortunately I've not be able to get you on the phone.

I wanted to ask if you're happy the fault is now fixed as I can see Openreach have repaired your line yesterday, can you post back here and let me know?

0 Ratings
jamiejones
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi there, sorry about the delay. Fault is fixed and things seem to be working well.

Thank you so much for your help.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@jamiejones Thanks for posting back to let me know, I've refunded your rental and the calls charges that were raised when the line was faulty. 

0 Ratings