cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hjdennis
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Moving Home = Nightmare

I have recently purchased my first home - Excited I was.

I went only to transfer my line rental and broadband, I did this on the 5/6th feb, requested for the move for the 9th feb. Unfortunately they told me there was no line at the new address and would need an engineer out to connect it - Please can I book a slot. This is where the problems began, nearest date - 26th Feb. I then booked this time slot thinking I can cope with the wait. I was informed my connection would stop and start on the 26th at the old/ new place, this I thought was annoying as I was moving out on the 9th. The next day, just so happened to be my birthday - 7th Feb, the interet stopped working at my old place, this being a saturday made it harder to get in touch with BT to discuss. It turns out the order was processed straight away and my line had stopped - I asked if that had meant the it was all working at the new address and they confirmed no, it wouldn't work until the connection had been made on the 26th, so now that 19 days with no line/internet, which I would be paying for - Doesn't seem to make sense.

It is now the 25th feb, I have spoken to 10 different people over the phone/via their webchat due to my line of work restricting me. I have had everyone say sorry, someone will call me - Which hasn't happened. I haven't been able to get a clear answer from anyway, feeling let down completely by BT. My internet/line rental is still not working. The order for the home move has 'failed twice' and has had to be redone - giving me a further delayed connection time - most recent one was 10th march, which has since been cancelled.

I have been informed I would have to pay a £130 connection fee - charged £17 a month for line rental and would be put into a  new 18 month contract [which I hadn't been asked about or confirmed I was happy with]. I have had someone tell me that I wouldn't have to pay the £130 as I was moving my existing broadban. I have also Paid the line rental saver for 12 months, which I wanted to transfer.

Basically - I feel like I have been completely lost in a broken system, nobody can give me answers and yet, I am still paying for Broadband, line rental for which I am not receiving. I have requested the process to formally complain, yet I get the resonse ' I understand, someone will give you a call' again, can anyone help guide me in a direction as to how to solve this issue? I have wasted hours over the last 2 n half weeks trying to sort and I am getting nowhere.

Thanks for listening and for any help/advice in advance,

Howard

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving Home = Nightmare

I think it was unrealistic to expect to give notice of move on 5/6th and expect the move to happen on the 9th Feb

the mods will post a contact us link and see if they can help 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hjdennis
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi imjolly,

Yes I agree also and initially I was content with what I was told. However it is the aftermath that I am seeking help for as it has been a slippery slope since, but thank you for your post.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi hjdennis,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'll lend a hand with this if you wish. Drop me an email with the details, including any order references you have. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings