cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

Moving from Bt to Vodafone

I want to move from BT to Vodafone (broadband and phone line) but bT line is in my dads name and Vodafone line will be in my name. Would that cause any issues when doing the transfer? Everything else will be the same (address and phone number). 
any information will help 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Moving from Bt to Vodafone

@Dkhd 

Its not clear what you want to do, as only the account holder, your dad, can change provider, and it would still be in his name,

The only way you could take over the line, would be for your dad to totally cancel his BT service, then once its cancelled, you could apply to Vodaphone for service as the account holder.

If your dad is still in a contract with BT, then that could result in large cancellation charges.

He would lose Internet access for a few weeks, and would also lose his phone number.

If your dad wants to move from BT Retail to Vodaphone, then he simply has to ask Vodaphone, and they will do the rest, but it will still be in his name, and he may not be able to keep the phone number.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

If you have an FTTC connection then you need to ensure your cabinet is not full with a waiting list otherwise you will lose your connection and it will be given to person on waiting list.  you will then join waiting list

check here by entering phone number   https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Mind if I ask if you would know why the availability checker says

'FTTP on Demand  330 30 Available'

and then under the box with all the numbers it says

'FTTP is not available.'

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 7

@andy_3_913 

FTTP is Fibre to the Premises (or FULL Fibre).  On Demand is a product with high costs where someone pays to have the service installed.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

FTTP on Demand is a different product to the home FTTP and is expensive and intended for business use

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thank you both.
0 Ratings