cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drifter
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Moving home

I have moved home a few times in my life and it has been a case of just informing BT of the address and the dates and it has been mainly stress free barring one occasion where I waited a week for the new number to 'go live'. This current move is just up the road to a property I am renovating and planning to move there by the before the end of February when our short term tenacy runs out.

The order with BT has now been confirmed by letter but I am now wondering if I am going about this in the right way. For instance, they have confirmed that I said the move to the new address was the 14 February and they would stop the service at my current address on the same day. In theory this is okay but it is a fourth floor flat and the building was built in the 1930s and the  phone lines are run up the the outside of the building, in some cases are unclipped and blowing in the wind. 

I would like Openreach to have plenty of time to check and correct this with anything else they find outside and obviously they may have to use some a cherry picker or something similar to achieve this . The question is before I call BT and speak to them about this should I be more specific and say its okay to start any necsssary work on the 14th but move the number a day or two later?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moving home

Leave it to Openreach to sort out, but make sure you are at the property when they provide the line, just in case they need to re-route that cable, or you want it moved to a different position in the flat.

They will only get that one initial job, and if they cannot complete it, a new job will be issued.

If you mention it to BT beforehand, it will cause confusion, and your provision may get cancelled Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
drifter
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moving home

Thank you Keith
0 Ratings