Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrTea
Message 1 of 8

Moving telephone line- Openreach survey

Go to solution

Hi

My mum has been experiencing a lot of issues with her broadband since February that has not yet been resolved. Line tests indicated no problems.

She thinks it might be due to the telephone line as it passes through some trees on the way down to her property.

She phoned Openreach to see if she could have it moved as there's an alternative pole next to her property alongside the road with no trees. She was advised that she would have to have a survey before anything can be done. Out of desperation she paid £300 a number of weeks ago for the survey. It has not yet taken place.

I have managed to organise an Openreach engineer to see if there's an issue with the line. They are coming next week.

I suggested cancelling the survey as I think it's unnecessary expense, especially if they then want to charge her for moving the line after the survey. She phoned up to cancel but was told that refunds cannot be made.

Can anybody tell me if this is correct and would the engineer that's coming next week be able to cancel the survey?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moving telephone line- Openreach survey

Go to solution
Hi. You would need to direct your enquiry to Openreach. This is a BT retail/consumer forum. Only they could answer you question.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Starwire
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Should’ve just reported a fault, if the drop wire was damaged because of the trees the Engineer would replace it.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

......and if it wasn't damaged there would no need to replace it.

0 Ratings
OldGoat
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@Devon_Davewrote:
Hi. You would need to direct your enquiry to Openreach. This is a BT retail/consumer forum. Only they could answer you question.

That's great (not) - BT hav insulated its subsidiary company from the public so that you can't contact them directly  erveything has to go through your 'supplier' - whoever that they may be and most of then are little more than "box shifters" as evidenced by the number of complaints posted on the web....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Talk to Ofcom

OldGoat
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

Talk to Ofcom

As it was Ofcom that created the split (BT / engineering)  in the firs place I don't think it would be the slightest bit interested in one 'customer' having a grizzle.

The guys on the ground are great, but the systems on which they have to rely are diabolical and antiquated - quite depressing.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Whoosh!!!

0 Ratings