Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kendoddalf
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

My BT landline number isn't associated with my address

Go to solution

I'm a BT customer, currently have BT broadband but trying to move to another provider.

The problem I'm having re. switching providers is that my BT landline number doesn't seem to be associated with my address and so if I try to sign up for broadband with another provider they say the number isn't associated with my address and that they'll need to install a new line.

How can I get the records updated so that the correct number is associated with my address? Something to do with Openreach, presumably?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: My BT landline number isn't associated with my address

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

They can arrange for the Openreach database to be updated.

0 Ratings
kendoddalf
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @kendoddalf Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @kendoddalf I dropped you an email yesterday to clarify your correct address. Please can you reply to the email and confirm your full address as listed with Royal Mail and I will arrange to get the records corrected.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
kendoddalf
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I've received two emails, both just saying that you're looking into the issue. Neither asked for me to confirm my address. I've checked my spam folder and there's nothing in there.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @kendoddalf sorry you did not receive my email. I've dropped you a Private Message. Please can check this and reply to it.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings