cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LittleC
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

My Children made a call and left the phone off the hook for 3 hours ... please help!

Please could someone help with my query.

This morning I didn't realise my children had been playing with the phone, after taking them to school and returning 3 hours later I discovered that the phone was off the hook and still connected to a call. The call had been made to my parents who I know are away and have the 1571 service.

The call had been connected for over 3 hours and was still counting the minutes on the handset, can anyone tell me if this call would have been automatically been cut after a certain amount of time ?

I checked my bill online and there is no record yet of the call.

Ive tried to phone BT this morning to enquire about this but unable to speak to an advisor without been sent around the call answering system.

I am a BT anytime user so the first hour of the call shouldn't be charged but I am worried if further charges will be incurred or if there will be a 3 hour long message on my parents 1571 service.

Many Thanks in advance for any help or pointers - anything will be appreciated.

Little C

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
MartinSW
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: My Children made a call and left the phone off the hook for 3 hours ... please help!

@LittleC wrote:

Please could someone help with my query.

This morning I didn't realise my children had been playing with the phone, after taking them to school and returning 3 hours later I discovered that the phone was off the hook and still connected to a call. The call had been made to my parents who I know are away and have the 1571 service.

The call had been connected for over 3 hours and was still counting the minutes on the handset, can anyone tell me if this call would have been automatically been cut after a certain amount of time ?

I checked my bill online and there is no record yet of the call.

Ive tried to phone BT this morning to enquire about this but unable to speak to an advisor without been sent around the call answering system.

I am a BT anytime user so the first hour of the call shouldn't be charged but I am worried if further charges will be incurred or if there will be a 3 hour long message on my parents 1571 service.

Many Thanks in advance for any help or pointers - anything will be appreciated.

Little C

A phone call to 1571 is chargeable like any other call. The 1571 service only has a finite storage capacity so it's possible that it cut off earlier than the 3 hours but any time the call was connceted will be charged for. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: My Children made a call and left the phone off the hook for 3 hours ... please help!

Hi LittleC.

Found this for 1571 here:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8374/~/bt-answer-1571-voicemail-phone-service

What's the maximum length of time for a single message?

The maximum length of time for a single message is two minutes.

With luck you should be okay

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings