cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
critchg
Message 1 of 4

My Phone Line Doesn't work - BT say call them or they will call me - MY PHONE LINE DOESN"T WORK!

My phone line has a dial tone but will not dial out or accept incoming calls.  I have been on live chat to BT's unique customer support team.  My options are:

1) an engineer with a fee of £129 if the issue is with my equipment

or 2) Call BT 

I cannot call BT - (my phone line doesn't work) the guy on live chat cannot get this concept.   I am not going to agree to the £129 fee. I have only just had the line connected, the phone equipment is new and provided by BT and I have a dial tone.

So we are at an impass I am heading to my third week without a working telephone line and all I can get out of BT is call us..... My PHONE LINE DOESNT WORK!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: My Phone Line Doesn't work - BT say call them or they will call me - MY PHONE LINE DOESN"T

Have you followed the self help here?

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9812/c/345,353

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Re: My Phone Line Doesn't work - BT say call them or they will call me - MY PHONE LINE DOESN"T

If you call BT (from a mobile phone, phone box, or somebody else's phone), then they will say the same thing as well.  If the fault is in your equipment, or if you broke Openreach's equipment, you'll have to pay a call out fee of around £129.  If the fault is within Openreach's equipment and it wasn't your fault, then Openreach pay for it themselves.

There's no way round it.  If you don't agree, then your phone line won't get fixed.  The only alternative is to cancel the land line and buy a mobile phone.  Even if you switch to another provider, they will have much the same terms since the fee is charged by Openreach.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

have you tried another telephone?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings