cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hicky56
Contributor
Message 21 of 30

Re: My Phone number been given to another!

Update 1 - missed a call from Neil due to crappy mobile reception at work 😞

Update 2 - Somebody rang asking for a Mr Pengreaves - not my name or the name of the chap somebody was after yesterday - how many lines are crossed?!?!?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 30

the mods will keep trying to contact you
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 30

If you have a dialtone, try dialing 17070, if you get a reply along the lines of 'the circuit is defined as 01********, and it's not your number then it's possible your line and whatever number you have got have been crossed either in the exchange or in the external lineplant, the problem is both numbers will probably test ok but go to the wrong property's ( you obviously already know this)...the chances are you don't need to be in for Openreach to fix the problem, but they may insist...if you call your own number and get an answer you could see if they have noticed they are getting calls that are not for them and if they have reported a fault, also if they let you know their address see if it's close to your own address
It's not likely that your number has been given to someone else on purpose, more likely to be someone has made an physical error with your connection and the person you are cross connected with
0 Ratings
Highlighted
hicky56
Contributor
Message 24 of 30

Hi John - Neil said he will be in touch again  - was just annoying the signal was iffy and went to voicemail.

Thanks Iniltous - I rang my mobi from landline and got the number. Found out its for somebody about 2 miles away on other side of town, Insurance comp phoned up the number their client has give and got me, they said are you not mr xxxx of yy south park!  The original crossed connection was in my locality as I ranng my number and spoke to the chap ! I have told BT India of this as would have thought it would be easy to fix - get engineer to the exchage box and reconnect me to my number ad the others to theirs ...... but 4 weeks later..........

0 Ratings
hicky56
Contributor
Message 25 of 30

no news today - so not got a clue what is happening 😞

Could Neil ring me again please.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 30

Neil may be off shift i am sure he will contact you
0 Ratings
hicky56
Contributor
Message 27 of 30

Yaaaaay.  Engineer called today unannounced (thanks to Neil who said he'd mark it for 'any engineer in the area to call on the off chance) as he lives local and was en route home.

Fixed it in 10 mins - jiggled with connections in the green box.

Got b-band back and my phone number.

Now how do i claim for over a month without either & 2 engineer no-shows?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 30

0 Ratings
hicky56
Contributor
Message 29 of 30

Thanks Keith.

The BT page isn't that helpful as still need to to to another page to get the tel nos.

Can't see your page as its blocked at work - will look later at home on my newly working bband (assuming its still working).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 30

My website has no additional info relating to your problem, all you can do is to claim back line rental for the period of time, plus £10 for missed appointments.

0 Ratings