Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hicky56
Contributor
Message 1 of 30

My Phone number been given to another!

Hiya

Quick notes on a longish story

My Infinity died on 6/2 called Cust services, did test etc - new hub sent still not working, more calls, same tests told no fault on line etc.  Had a couple of crossed line calls and mentioned that - said no fault on the line will monitor etc.

On Sunday had another crossed line and spoke to the caller. She was phoning her new home number which BT gave them (without telling them of the change) I asked her the number and guess what - its my number of 17 years! I phoned BT and told them - the operator wouldnt  deviate from his script and did line test etc said the line is ok!

Today I spoke to the chap from the house who has my number - he's had no luck with BT Customer Services either he's emailed BT but had no reply. I've emailed them giving the long story.

Any advice on how we can get BT to sort this - ie give me my number back just to me (which would sort out my Infinity I expect) and the other family their old number or a new unique one.

Thanks

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 30

Re: My Phone number been given to another!

You need help from only bt employees on the forum which is the mods. They will post a contact us link when they read this post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 30

Trying to retain phone number after problem with crossed line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 30

Hi Hicky56,

Welcome to the forums.

Yes I think its lilkely we'll need to send an engineer to get this sorted out.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

0 Ratings
hicky56
Contributor
Message 5 of 30

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the message. 

I have an engineer coming in the week to look at my broadband problem, which was the original problem.  I realise he will probably be unable to do anything now as the fault is with the line going to 2 properties.  I tried to explain this to customer services but was wasting my breath so my thinking was at least I would be able to explain face to face to him/her and they'd have an idea who to contact.

I'll email you the full details later as I'm at work.

Thanks

Phil

0 Ratings
hicky56
Contributor
Message 6 of 30

Hi Craig,

I've sent the reference for the on-line contact message I sent yesterday on the main contact-us page to you.

Hopefully you can get the details from there?

thanks

Phil

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 30

the mods link  is  shown here mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
hicky56
Contributor
Message 8 of 30

HI John,

I did send the ref number from last nights contact us link to Craig via the contact us link of his profile.

I Just put the note on here incase he missed it.

thanks Phil

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 30

you are now in a queue awaiting the mod teams help they will contact you personally by email or phone as soon as your mail reaches the top of their mail queue this is normally 3/5 working days
0 Ratings
hicky56
Contributor
Message 10 of 30

Well took the afternoon off work & no "£%"i@~#' Engineer turned up.   Time to bang my head against an Indian Brick wall..

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

0 Ratings