cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boomish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 22

Re: My phone is no longer registering to my address?

Go to solution

I have just had message from Virgin who says due to us changing our postcode we can no longer get our number! 

We haven't moved, our postcode has been the same for 26 years, as has our number, two weeks with BT and suddenly our number is lost????

I am phoning and messaging Virgin and BT almost daily to try and find out who is at fault here. Ever since BT took over our number is has been lost from anyone searching for it online, so I have to blame BT, we are desperate now, please can someone help!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

did you take up mod offer of assistance previously?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

@boomish wrote:

I have just had message from Virgin who says due to us changing our postcode we can no longer get our number! 

Ever since BT took over our number is has been lost from anyone searching for it online, so I have to blame BT, we are desperate now, please can someone help!!!

Why would anyone want to look online for your number, they would have to look at the online phone book?

If your number belongs to BT, then Virgin will not be able to take it back.

0 Ratings
boomish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

I spoke to some one not he phone that said they would sort it, unfortunately it hasn't been, so I have messaged the mod but as yet no reply. Virgin have said nothing else they can do & when I call BT they say because I'm no longer a customer they can't do anything. It's too frustrating there must be someone at BT that sorts telephone numbers, or has some contact with Openreach.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

Do you have a working BT Retail phone line at the moment?

0 Ratings
boomish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution
I mean if we look for another provider our number comes up as not registered, we discovered this after being with BT for the first 7 days and started to look at other providers.
0 Ratings
boomish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

Weirdly the BT line is still getting dial tone if I plug in a phone, but we left nearly two weeks ago, Virgin have been unable to request the line from BT when we were a customer and after our disconnection, (we only had a 2 week trial)  

After a long discussion with unhelpful BT operator (the first one I might add) I requested to be put through to a manager , despite her saying no -one else would help me. a nice chap cam wont he phone to say he has investigated it and checked our number,  it got released 3 days ago, so should now be available to Virgin. He apologised,  so I have to go back and ask hem to request again. If only getting through to Virgin was as easy as BT..

Am just hoping this has finally fixed it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

@boomish wrote:
I mean if we look for another provider our number comes up as not registered, we discovered this after being with BT for the first 7 days and started to look at other providers.

Because its a BT Retail number, and would not show on other providers. Each provider has their own number ranges allocated by Ofcom.

If you must keep your phone number, then you may end up having to stay with BT Retail.

0 Ratings
boomish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution
Well thats absolutely crazy how come in 26 years I've been able to search with our telephone number via Sky, Virgin or BT. Go to any DSL checker and it asks for your telephone number. This has been an original BT number for 26 years. We have never had problem until this.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

Possibly because you moved to Virgin.

There is nothing else this forum or the moderators can help you with, if you are moved back to Virgin, as this is a BT Retail Customer forum only.

0 Ratings