cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tinka
Message 1 of 5

My very elderly disabled parents have been without a phone for 2 weeks now

My elderly parents live in a remote area of N Wales and have been without a phone for over 2 weeks. My mother is blind with dementia and relies on the phone for company from calls from friends and family my father being her main carer is also very hard of hearing and very frail with heart conditions . They have no means to phone anyone if anything happened to either of them. They are having to deal with extreme weather conditions as it is. I have had sleepless nights of worry. I do not want to list the lengthy chronological order of me and my sisters attempts to get BT to show some real customer care and priortise them, and the amount of time we have both spent waiting on the phone each time is ridiculous as you have to go through each proceeder again and again. All that has happened is the endless dates we keep being given for reconnection just keep getting bumped further along. I am now going to write to their local MP to highlight this case, as BT seem unable to appreciate the severity of their situation, and they do not seem to have a policy of re-connecting the vunerable ASAP. I appreciate weather conditions have been bad but my sister informed me that other services such as Scottish power were out at night in these conditions making sure their service was resumed as quickly as possible.  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: My very elderly disabled parents have been without a phone for 2 weeks now

Hi Tinka. I know this will not help in the present situation, but might help in the future:

http://www.bt.com/includingyou/assets/downloads/FreePriorityFaultRepair.pdf

toekneem

(EASBF)

Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone  

mod contact.JPG

Message 4 of 5

Hi Tinka,

I am sorry to hear your parents have been left without telephone service. I would like to look into this for you. Please send me in their BT details using the "Contact Us" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Tinka
Message 5 of 5

thanks for the info  will look into it

0 Ratings