Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
brucewoakvale
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

NO CALLER DISPLAY!!!!

I have had no Caller display since November 2014. I have put in numerous complaints. I have had engineers out to the house but nobody has repaired the problem. I have tried my phone in my neighbours house and the caller display works ok. I have tried my neighbours phone in my house and it does not receive CAller display either. I keep getting told it is a Nationwide fault!!!! All my neighbours phones work ok, it is only my line that does not work.. I am at mey wits end. I never know if I have any missed calls. I can only fid out the last caller by dialling 1471.... Service from BT is terrible

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: NO CALLER DISPLAY!!!!

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi Brucewoakvale,

Welcome to the community forum. I am sorry to hear that caller display isn't working on your line. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Do you have broadband ?, you can have a situation where there is a fault on the broadband equipment that doesn't affect the broadband working but does affect the the CLI ( calling line information) , in effect the calling line data is generated in the exchange and needs to go in and out if the broadband equipment before travelling to your phones, the problem is that you report the problem to your line rental provider who check the exchange but CLI is ok there, report it to your ISP and they say CLI is the line providers problem , not theirs , and your broadband is working ok (which it is)
You need your line provider to get your ISP to change the broadband port, that will probably solve your caller display problem
or get your ISP to change your broadband port without contacting your line rental provider, even if the line rental provider and ISP are the same company it can be difficult to get this simple thing done
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

I have known certain type of routers to mask the caller display signal. try the phone direct into the test point of your main socket and call your home number from a mobile.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
brucewoakvale
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I have already tried all this and the problem is still there. The fault has to be at the exchange.

0 Ratings