cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMSM
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

NO PHONE LINE FOR NEARLY 2 WEEKS NOW, LINE FAULTY ON ONE LEG OF THE NETWORK

Ihaven't had a working phone line now for nearly 2 weeks- it is just the phone that doesn't work, broadband does. The Openreach engineer confirmed last Friday that one leg of the network is down that is why the phone doesn't work. He confirmed it is a fault within the cabling outside of the house between the house and the nearest cabinet.

I explained there is a cable joint in the ground (in a flowerbed) only 6 inches below the surface on the edge of the path, but he was not qualified to do underground works. It is now visible... That was last Friday and nothing happened at my house since.

Having got through to the help line for where the fault is registered I found myself extremely frustrated being told exactly what I knew already- the fault is out of my house and an engineer needs to investigate. I am now told it will not be untill the 25th (another week) until they might know when they can investigate the cabling.

Why can't the joint (as informed to the engineer as above) be investigated.

It is so frustrating trying to talk to someone who is reading from a script and then says they are not technical and cannot give any useful information.

As logged by many others- why do they call you and say they are going to update you, then put you on hold whilst they get an update themselves. All that is happening is they are fulfilling a requirement to say they have informed the customer- (of nothing!).

Please, Please, Please can someone sort out this awful service- all I want to do is get my phoneline fixed without having to chase call centres on the other side of the planet talking to people who haven't got a clue as to what is actually happening.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: NO PHONE LINE FOR NEARLY 2 WEEKS NOW, LINE FAULTY ON ONE LEG OF THE NETWORK

If nothing has changed by the 25th report back and I will get MOD help.

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Have asked a Mod if they can help

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 4

Hi JMSM, 

Thanks for your post. I am sorry that there is a delay in getting your phone line fixed. I can take a look into this to see what is causing the delay and if I can get it done sooner. 

Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You