cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 52

Re: NO working phone line in my new build house.

did you use the contact link as shown in this picture 

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
thejaychild
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 52

yes

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 52

Hi thejaychild,

I'm really sorry but I can't see anything in our email queue from you.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
CG54321
Beginner
Message 14 of 52

Hi thejaychild, if you make any progress with this can you update this post. I live on Windsor Park and, along with my neighbours, are also having similar problems getting a working phone line. We keep getting engineer appointments being booked via the call centre but when the engineers arrive (assuming they bother at all) then they tell us that Openreach have not finished commissioning. From scraps of info I have picked up it sounds like Openreach did not provision enough lines for the estate and the ducts running past the site up London Road from the exchange are full. I believe they are putting new ducts in but this is not finished yet. Our last engineer to turn up for the appointment told us that our line is connected correctly to the street cabinet but the street cabinet is not connected to anything. The problem I have is this is all second hand info via the builders sales office (David Wilson Homes in our case), bits from BT engineers and bits from what our neighbours are being told. However none of use have been able to get the full picture and any idea when it might be sorted. We have been quoted dates ranging from May to October for when I might be sorted but hopefully you can get some more info via the forum moderators.

Cheers,

Chris
0 Ratings
thejaychild
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 52

Hi Chris 

Yeah no problem I will let you know how we get on, It really doesn't look good we've been messed about for well over 6 months now BT couldn't care less they don’t call us back or respond to any emails. We also made the stupid mistake of paying our line rental of £140 up front so we are with out of service and out of pocket.

As disgusting the services from BT has been I’m not entirely happy with the developers either this sort of thing should be sorted prior to people moving in to their new homes, Me and my fiancée need a internet connection for work and have had to move our home office to my in-laws spare room.

I’ve been urged to go to the local news paper if anything just to warn potential new buyers of the existing problems on the development, 

As for the time scale we've been told from builders on the site it could be well after Christmas however the bellway site manager told me it would be two weeks but that was 4 weeks ago.

Do you know how many others on the development are having the same problem?

It might be worth getting everyone together and figuring out what we can do next.

I’m stuck where to go next I’ve spoke with citizens advice and written a letter to the Mayor of Buckingham and our MP John Bercow.

All the best 

Jaxon

0 Ratings
WeaversFam
Beginner
Message 16 of 52

Hi, we moved into Windsor Park three weeks ago and have really been given the run-around by BT.  My teenage children are doing their GSCE's and A levels in the coming weeks and I knew there was a 'delay' with some lines but could have and would have, delayed our move in, if we could not have access to BT.  A large amount of their revision is accessed via the internet with teachers sending them links on a regular basis and they send mock papers into teachers for comment etc. during their revision time at home.

BT called me the day before the move to confirm our line was in place, there was no delay for us and our engineer would do the final connections as stated in their contract.....

Since then, we are getting no-where fast with BT, just texts and emails telling us of the next update - I did speak to a 'human' once and he was incredibly rude and knew nothing.

The majority of people around us do not have BT and are also tearing their hair out especially with the time we/they have spent getting onto BT and trying to establish what the problem really is and a likely date when we might have a connection.  It is disgraceful and when I see BT advertising on tv for new customers when they can't service existing ones.......

Smiley Mad

I will keep in touch with this forum and add any information I might find out, unlikely though....in the meantime, if you see a teenager on a moped at 10pm at night sitting outside the leisure centre, his school grounds or the golf club it's my son trying to get a last minute piece of revision and looking for a wi-fi signal, is that what he needs when trying to do the most important exams of his life to date. 

We have bought a dongle but it barely gives us 2G and we need 3G to get a page of the internet - we haven't found a place in the house where 3G is consistent.

Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
thejaychild
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 52

Update..

BT contacted me on 15/1/14 the lady on the phone was extremely apologetic and said she would get to the bottom with what’s going on and call be back on the 8/1/14 this ladies name was Natasha.

I received a call form BT yesterday 8/1/14 unfortunately it was Natasha’s day off and the lady that called me didn’t really know what was going on with my case all she could tell me was someone would call me back in a weeks time, that’s the same thing they have been saying for 28 weeks now.

Its now over 7 months since we ordered our BT line they have no idea when I or anyone on the site will receive one.

I’m completely at a loss where to go next.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 52

Hi thejaychild,

I can see my colleague Claire has picked this up and will be in touch tomorrow.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
thejaychild
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 52

0 Ratings
CG54321
Beginner
Message 20 of 52

Hi Jaxon and all,

So we have made some progress (no working line yet but understand a little more).

We had an appointment booked through the call centre for last Tuesday to get our line installed. Engineer arrived at the end of the day and did all the works and tests from the house and cabinet and said that he needed to do some exchange works in the morning and it would be all sorted, Wed morning came and went and I started receiving the emails to say the job was complete. However, I still had no dialtone and no broadband. Now I supposedly have a working line I was able to raise a fault call. Yesterday we had a helpful Openreach engineer who did line tests from both our property and the exchange. After the tests he came back to the property to update us and apologise that the line was still not working. He told me that from my property the fault was 2.4km away and from the exchange it was 214m away. He was not qualified to perform underground works but promised to escalate the call. He did try to arrange for alternate routing of the line but was told hat there where no more options available. He said that the underground team would likely be on the job early next week. Because I have officially had the line activated on the BT systems (although the should not have been) some service level timers are now likely running on my account so perhaps it will get some more attention.

Then later in the day I bumped into some of our neighbours who have been trying to get a line installed since late December. They told me that the info that had been given was that the problem is in the centre of buckingham were the lines that come up to Windsor park cross the river over the road bridge. You prob know this already but the exchange is next to Waitrose on the north side of the river. This info matched what our open reach engineer discovered as I would approximate the distance from the exchange to the bridge as being around 200m.

Further more I understand that the problem is the ducts are full across the bridge and Openreach have not yet managed to get planning permission to put more duct space in. Not sure if this is still the case and if planning permission has now been achieved but if I hear more I will update this post.

It is also unclear if we have been luckily and our job was assigned on the day that a line became available across the bridge or if it was because more total capacity has been found across the bridge.

Anyway, as it stands, still no line. Now paying line rental and broadband on a line we cannot use but optimistic of progress or at least more info next week.

Chris
0 Ratings