cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 52

Re: NO working phone line in my new build house.

the reference number would have been removed as it breaches forum rules to post personal details on the forum this is for your security as this is a public forum
0 Ratings
CG54321
Beginner
Message 32 of 52

Hi All,

Some good news at last. We had our line installed today and broadband activated.

The Openreach engineer said that another 200 lines into the area had been released a couple of days ago and they were working through the backlog.

We had no notice from BT or Openreach that the works were schedualled but an engineer turned up at the door to tell us was all working.

I hope all of those still waiting on a line are sorted in the next few days as they process everyone else waiting.

If not feel free to stop outside the houses on the Phase 2 part of David Wilson Homes part of the site as we have the BT FON/BT Wifi network advertised.

C

0 Ratings
thejaychild
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 52

Hi I was promised a phone call today and again no one has called me.

How can you treat people like this its disgusting!

TerryFoneless
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 52

QUOTE: "BT called me this Saturday 10/5/14 unfortunately the news wasn’t good. The lady on the phone told me the same thing a lot of us have been told that our local council with not grant open reach permission to do certain important dig work and until they get the green light they cant even start to do any work. The time fame is from what I’ve been told is at least 4 months depending on delays its could be well after Christmas and in to 2015."

Do not believe anything they tell you. They spun us the same yarn about the Council. My neighbour contacted the council and they had not received any request from BT or Openreach to stop traffic/do the works.

We moved in to our house in December 2013, and we still don't have a phone line or internet (it is now 30 May 2014).

They never call back. They say it is ready to be connected when it patently isn't. They book engineer appointments and make us wait in all day but no one comes. Or someone comes and says it's not ready to be connected.

You are right, thejaychild, it is disgusting. Throughout the 5 months I've been waiting I've been paying BT as well, because they said if I carried on my account from previous address I would avoid a connection charge for my new place. I've finally got round to cancelling my direct debit payments because enough is enough.

I have spoke to someone from our local council and they’ve told me that they have not refused any such requests from BT."

Do not be

0 Ratings
TerryFoneless
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 52

It appears that the moderator has edited my previous post due to it being offensive. I was merely pointing out that BT and BT Openreach would be incapable of facilitating a physical interaction between a man and a woman in exchange for money, despite being present in an establishment which was specifically set up for that purpose.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
thejaychild
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 52

LOL I still got to read the unedited version. I too have hade a few of my posts taken down due to them breaking the forum rules. I’ve been told that an engineer will definitely be installing our line on Wednesday. This will be the eighth time we’ve had to take the day off work to wait for a engineer. I’m not that confident anyone will show up.

TerryFoneless
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 52

Hope they turn up on Wednesday. But I wouldn't hold your breath! The problem is that the people who tell you that the engineer is 'definitely' coming have no way of knowing what's really going on. Anyway, best of luck!
0 Ratings
TerryFoneless
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 52

By the way, another weird and contradictory piece of information... I was stopped in the street by someone selling TalkTalk a couple of day s ago and they called up their office and 'checked my internet connection' at my address. They told me there was a phone line with a 2MB connection. Whether they were making it up, or it was a notional connection I don't know... they swore it was a result from actually pinging a line. So maybe my line is installed but no one has told me!
0 Ratings
WeaversFam
Beginner
Message 39 of 52

An update....today Mon 2 June we finally had our BT phone/broadband installed.

Last Thursday an Escalation Team called me and said all the necessary outstanding work had been completed and Openreach/BT would be ready to complete the installation of our line on Monday 2 June.  I explained that we had been here twice before but was assured it would happen and it did...I had an AM time booked between 8-1 and they arrived at mid day.

Our engineer was doing another 10 installations on the estate today and another batch on Wednesday, so fingers crossed for all of you in the coming days/weeks. 

Regards

0 Ratings
TerryFoneless
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 52

We were told 4 June. Then it changed to 23 June. Our neighbour was then told the necessary works would be done on 24 June. Last night another neighbour was told 4 July. Even if they do actually connect us then, it will be over 6 months since we moved in.

0 Ratings