cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thejaychild
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 52

Re: NO working phone line in my new build house.

Update 2

BT called me this Saturday 10/5/14 unfortunately the news wasn’t good. The lady on the phone told me the same thing a lot of us have been told that our local council with not grant open reach permission to do certain important dig work and until they get the green light they cant even start to do any work. The time fame is from what I’ve been told is at least 4 months depending on delays its could be well after Christmas and in to 2015.

I have spoke to someone from our local council and they’ve told me that they have not refused any such requests from BT.

Also I think everyone on our development must have noticed the BT open reach engineers working day and night around the site. (But I thought they didn’t have any permission?)

I’ve asked the lady at BT to send through any correspondence they have had with our council in the hope it might shed some light on what’s actually going on.

• So in short the work for new phone lines has not been started yet
  • BT have no date of when the work will start
  • BT have no idea how long the work will take when they do get the green light

If anyone else gets any information form BT the Council or any of the developers please let me know.

Unfortunately it does look like 2015 for the most of us.

Jaxon

0 Ratings
WeaversFam
Beginner
Message 22 of 52

Hi All

Called BT this morning, 12 May, asked why I hadn't been updated on Fri 9 May as promised and was told there was little to update and next update is due on 16 May but did I know....Bucks County Council had refused permission for Openreach to close the road on 5/6 May and 11/12 May and Openreach were now seeking permission for London Road/ring road to be closed on 14/15 May and were hopeful this would progress the job forward immensely.

We personally also now have permission to bill BT for the use of a dongle, better than nothing, but only just, 3G drops out constantly leaving us with 2G which does not even open a web page....

At 1pm I called BCC to try and establish what their problems were with BT/Openreach.

I spoke to ANNA COLES - SENIOR PERMIT OFFICER within the Highways Team

She has a meeting with BT/Openreach this Wednesday specificially to discuss Windsor Park.

She is absolutely fed up with them making BCC out to be the ones holding up the work, it is apparently not them.

In March Openreach applied for permission to close the road overnight, permission was granted and they had to confirm what works they were carrying out and afterwards what they had achieved.

So in March, Openreach carried out 70 metres of routing from Windsor Park to their hub/operation on London Road, they cleared blockages on the way and replaced 'chambers and a frame'(??).

They also confirmed to BCC that a large percentage of  BT lines from houses on Windsor Park were still waiting to be connected but their chamber had been built and work was progressing.??

BCC have no objection if the road needs to be closed in order for Openreach to complete their works.  At this moment in time, they have no requests from Openreach to close the road for overnight work and have received no requests since March.  If a request is received it would normally take 4-6 weeks to implement but in cases of emergency, this arrangement can be speeded up.

BCC were approached by 3 companies, I think it was Wessex/Anglia/developers to work irregular/out of office hours on London Road, BCC asked Openreach if they wanted to be part of this arrangement and they didn't come back to them.

BCC said they are keen to let it be known they are not holding up any work at all to do with Windsor Park getting their telephone lines etc, are getting numerous phone calls questioning them and if we want to pass Ms Coles details onto Openreach, she would love to talk to them direct.  

I have no one senior to go to at BT with her number because I only talk to Call Centres who obviously no nothing up to date.

This information does not tally at all with the previous posting, we are definitely all singing from different hymn sheets, and the sooner someone from BT/Openreach explains the actual situation and timescale the better, it is disgraceful.  Would we have been so keen to buy a properly at Windsor Park if we knew we might not have phone/internet access until 2015??  They should be ashamed of themselves.

Just one more point, do we have any comeback on any of the Windsor Park developers for not providing one of the basic utilities we originally signed up for.  Surely it is in the developers interests, if they want to sell more houses, that this problem is solved quickly, they should be putting huge pressure on BT/Openreach on our behalf.  Would any potential buyers be interested if they found out a basic utility ie BT is not available and there is no date to know when it will be....

Regards

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
thejaychild
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 52

Hi Guys 

I received a call from BT midway through last week telling me the correct work has now been done and that we will get a phone call Friday 16th to get our time for an engineer to come round and connect us Smiley Very Happy. Me and my fiancée couldn’t believe it at last we will get our phone line. Unfortunately yet unsurprisingly despite promising me I never received a phone call againSmiley Mad.

I can only assume it was another one of BTs lies to keep me of their backs for a few more days.

Getting towards 8 mouths now since we placed our first order with BT.

One positive thing this week BBCs watchdog have finally got back to me and i have an interview next Friday. 

Wish me luck.Smiley Embarassed

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 52

Hi thejaychild,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you didn't get the call back. We'll look into this for you and get back asap.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
thejaychild
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 52

Thank you for your reply Someone has private messaged me saying they called and left a message (They didnt) ive replied but dont know if it went through.

0 Ratings
CG54321
Beginner
Message 26 of 52

Small update from my side (although no real progress!).

Over the weekend I have raised an official complaint to BT. The ref number for the complaint is *****-******. This was following the third Openreach engineer to be booked on to the job to diagnose the same fault. I looks like my install has once again been handed back to the planning team. I had a call from the complaints team to say that the fault was booked back out to the field team and they needed to wait for the feedback from the field engineer. I now appear to be stuck bouncing between the field service and planning teams.

Good luck with the WatchDog call later in the week. Hopefully that will get an official, accurate and consistent response with some realistic idea of when a solution can be provided.

0 Ratings
WeaversFam
Beginner
Message 27 of 52

Hi

A friend of my son whose family moved on the estate at the end of November got a call from BT earlier yesterday morning, they arrived and installed/connected their line.  The mum had been very pro-active with phone calls and letters but it paid off and odd how the occassional line is being connected....not for us though, I had a text this morning which said 'sorry about the delay with your order.  Our engineer needs access to your home once the external work is completed.  You don't have to call us as we will keep you informed about the progress'......

0 Ratings
thejaychild
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 52

Still no word from BT 

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 52

Hi thejaychild,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you.

We're still waiting on word back about the escalation raised and we'll be following up with you again tomorrow.

All the best,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
CG54321
Beginner
Message 30 of 52

Hi All, I notice that my complaint ref number has been removed from the forum by the moderator. If anyone needs It to cross reference with their own cases let me know and I can let you have it.

One other bit of news, my neighbour, who ordered their line back in October, got connected yesterday with service from Sky. Fingers crossed that some extra capacity has been found and the backlog is being processed.

C
0 Ratings