cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Holly1
Message 1 of 11

Need fault fixed urgently!

My frail 93 yr old father lives alone and has an emergency call button than is  landline dependent. He has now been without a fully operational landline for 11 days ( he can't receive any incoming calls) We have tried upteen times to find out what is going on only to be told they are fixing it...they are supposed to be digging up the pavement outside to rectify the fault. Thats a joke!! ....yes they've drawn a few lines on tbe pavement..11 days ago ...and thats it!!

I can't actually even get to speak with a real life human...what alternative is there....contact local radio/ tv.  My father stumbles a lot and god forbid he does so and help can't reach him in time!!!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Need fault fixed urgently!

Welcome to this user forum.

Is he a BT Retail customer?

0 Ratings
Holly1
Message 3 of 11

Yes he is. I am not living with him so am desperate for advice.Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

@Holly1 wrote:

Yes he is. I am not living with him so am desperate for advice.Thanks

Its Openreach that do any repairs, but it should not take that long. You should have been offered a free divert of any incoming calls to a mobile phone.

Does it give an estimated repair date when you track the fault online via MyBT?

https://support.bt.com/track/fault/?view=faulttracker

You also should have been able to talk to someone on 0800 800 151.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 11

Sounds like they are waiting for contractors to excavate the pathway to locate the cable.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Holly1
Message 7 of 11

Thanks Keith . They keep fobbing us of with dates but they pass by without anything being done.

I can't track it as I don't have log in details, can't ask my Dad as he wouldn't even know what I was talking about!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

The problem is that the moderators make take a couple of days to look at it, as they are very busy, but its worth asking.

Its also worth applying for the priority service, if he qualifies.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Holly1 Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that your father has been left so long without his telephone service.

We will be happy to check and update you what is happening with the fault and see what we can do to move things along. I've sent you a Private message (check here) explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Holly1
Message 10 of 11

Thanks for your help .

I have since contacted someone via a phone number that Keith gave me earlier and once again have been told they will ' look into it' . She has put him on a high priority list, but after speaking with another family member I was informed that he was apparently put on one last week!!

Oops undate!!!! They've turn up!!!  Thanks everyone!

0 Ratings