cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marbles
Message 1 of 5

Need tel number changed

Hi,

My local 911 breakdown have changed their number and i'm getting a call every half hour from folk misdialing. I need to change my number but I dont see why I should pay some something that is clearly not my fault. How do I actually get a code to give to BT so I dont have to pay £25 or whatever it is.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Need tel number changed

Welcome to this user forum.

See https://btplc.com/inclusion/ProductsAndServices/Nuisancecalls/index.htm

I assume you are  a BT Retail customer?

0 Ratings
marbles
Message 3 of 5

I am on plusnet but was redirected through to BT who I talked to who said I need a reference number to pass back to them in order to qualify for a free number and I should get this ref number by looking up 'nuisance calls bureau'. Of course on looking there is no link to anything remotely useable. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@marbles wrote:

I am on plusnet but was redirected through to BT who I talked to who said I need a reference number to pass back to them in order to qualify for a free number and I should get this ref number by looking up 'nuisance calls bureau'. Of course on looking there is no link to anything remotely useable. 

If you get your phone service from Plusnet, then this forum cannot help, as its only for BT Retail customers, you would have to ask Plusnet, as BT do not control phone number for other providers.

Try asking on the Plusnet forum https://community.plus.net/t5/Forum/ct-p/Forum

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @marbles, I can confirm that @Keith_Beddoe is correct, I would recommend you get back in touch with Plusnet for further advice as they should not be referring you to BT as we can't organise your renumber request or provide you with any codes regarding that sorry.

0 Ratings