Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
martynryan1
Message 1 of 6

New Build House Phone Line Installation

BT Phone Line Instation for new build house ordered on the 30th June

First attempt at ordering was before this date but BT said that the council hadn't registered the property correct so I had to contact them, I contacted the council and they said they had no clue what BT were talking about

Called BT again and they manually entered the address and started the order
Engineer was due on the 20th July, they delayed this to the 23rd and informed me via email that someone would be there between 8am and 1pm

After having a day off work and waiting at home all day no engineer arrived, i had recieved no emails to inform me that the order was delayed and I even recieved a SMS reminder the day before telling me that the engineer would be round between 8am and 1pm on the 23rd Jily, called BT and after 15 minutes of being on hold they told me there was a delay in the cabling of the new build site. The cabling has already been done though, there is a cable from the BT manhole going to outside my front door, this was done 4 weeks ago as I saw the OpenReach engineer doing it for all the new build houses on the site. BT didnt accept any of this and said to wait 2 days for an update

Called BT two days later (today, Friday 25th July) and asked for an update, they said they were still waiting for details about the new site cabling and were maybe waiting for a telephone pole to be errected so the house could be connected up, I once again explained that there was a BT manhole with a cable going from it to just outside my house but they wouldnt accept this and told me to wait for them to phone me with an update, no ETA or anything for when the engineer would be coming

BT then phoned me a litte bit later today and said exactly the same thing about a delay due to the new site cabling work and that they would phone me on Wednesday with the next update, now im expecting that update to be they will phone me again on Friday as they dont seem to know what they are doing. Once again they wouldnt accept that the cabling work appears to have been done 4 weeks ago

Not really sure what I can do now

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: New Build House Phone Line Installation

this happens on many new builds as it appears on some occasions the developers do not allow Openreach access until the development is complete
0 Ratings
martynryan1
Message 3 of 6

That's the weird thing.....Openreach seem to have finished their part as there is a cable going from the manhole to the front of my house, thats been there for about 4 weeks now

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

it could be delayed from the manhole to the cabinet or cabinet to exchange
0 Ratings
martynryan1
Message 5 of 6

Yeah that is true, the annoying thing is that they wont give me details about anything, no ETA, just another update call in a few days
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

unfortunately until openreach update BT there is nothing BT can tell you
0 Ratings