cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bizzylizzy78
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

New Build Joke!!

So I move into my wonderful new home and my nightmare with BT starts!
Placed order on 29th June. All good. All nice and offered free installation. Told it would take 15 days.
1st July. Email stating its not progressing. Missed call and notification that they didn't have the correct information Rang them back to clarify.
Week later: another missed call and message asking the same question I answered previously! This is after tracing through 3 members of staff who ring me back, put me on hold... 45 mins later and I am told that it should now progress
Week later... Nothing. Another phone call and half an hour from my life later and I'm told they don't know why it's not progressing and will send an email to progress my complaint to the next level (whatever the hell that means).
5 phone calls later.... Still nothing
Last Saturday I get a phone call out of the blue stating that my order had been placed incorrectly and that I needed a fibre optic phone line installation! Apparently it takes BT a month and half to realise this!!!????
They were to cancel this order and someone was going to ring me in two days to set up another...guess what... No phone call
So I ring today. Get hold of the Indian call centre. 8 mins. Get passed to a Scottish guy who kept calling me 'pal'. He could work out what was happening so after 30 mins explaining to him he passes me to another dept. 15 mins later I get through and explain myself to the 3rd time. He puts me on hold then hangs up! 1 and a half hours out of my life today.
I am at my wits end. My mobile bill is through the roof. I'm having to travel 20 miles to go into work rather than my normal work from home.
So I try to go with sky and they tell me that BT have to activate the line first. Aaarrrggghhhhhjhhhh
Please can someone with a brain in their head tell me how a communication company has absolutely no idea how to communicate with their customers. I'm losing the will to live and I'm going to take this complaint further if I don't get answers soon.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: New Build Joke!!

have you ordered fibre to cabinet or fibre to home two different products
Sky have told you wrong information BT do not provide the line it is provided and activated by by Openreach who work on behalf of all providers
0 Ratings
Bizzylizzy78
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

I just want a phone line so that I can get broadband.
I was told by a BT person on Sat that I couldn't have a typical line as we were set up for the fibre. All sockets wired and infrastructure here ready to go. No have no idea what I'm taking about to be honest so
If you could let me know what to ask for, I would great fully appreciate help.

I don't think any of them actually know what is happening. With Openreach not having a designated call centre I just keep getting palmed off by people who have no idea. When I do finally think I'm getting sometwhere with BT then they cut me off whilst on hold. Sky seem to be more along the lines of "I've never come across this before ". Which is helpful.
Thanks for your reply.
Lisa
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Openreach only deal with service provider not the public
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

do you have any thing like this installed in your house if you do  you have fibere to home and Sky would  not  know as they do not sell fibre to home only fibre to cabinet1351515986_w670_h549.jpg

0 Ratings
Bizzylizzy78
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

No. I haven't got anything Like that.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

ok that eliminates fibre to home you would get fibre to cabinet if you post the details of this checker editing out your phone number from it we can try and help you further

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
Bizzylizzy78
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

The whole point is that I don't have a land line and therefore have no number.
I've put in my address on the link and it states:
Your address has been successfully matched; however we cannot determine ADSL availability at this address. Please try the Telephone Number or Postcode Checker.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 11

@john46 wrote:

do you have any thing like this installed in your house if you do  you have fibere to home and Sky would  not  know as they do not sell fibre to home only fibre to cabinet1351515986_w670_h549.jpg

Not sure they would have this PRE installed if it was a NEW house. Surely this would be after it was installed.

Has the op tried the fttp team department on 0800 587 4787

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Bizzylizzy78
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Thanks for the number. Rang them and they're going to get things sorted. Many thanks Might actually get something soon. Fingers crossed 🙂