Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Squooshy
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

New Customer Porting issue

Hi All

My partner and I switched over from Utility Warehouse to BT last Monday (5th) and didn't realise till the following Thursday that we could no longer receive calls.

We can call out fine but if anyone tries to call in, they get the dreaded robot lady. 

So, we phoned the customer care number, the lady my partner talked to didn't seem to understand what the issue was even though we explained the problem was probably a porting number one.

She was adamant that an engineer come out at a £129 cost to us the next afternoon 9th, we very reluctantly agreed after she promised that we wouldn't be charged if the fault wasn't with our line.

She also agreed to transfer our landline calls to my partners mobile until the problem was sorted.

I wait home Friday afternoon, no engineer, no calls/emails or text to apologise for the no show.

We also realised that our landline hasn't been transferred to my partners mobile phone as promised...

We tried phoning customer care again today... We gave up after being on hold for 30min.

Could a mod please get in touch with me to sort this out please.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Customer Porting issue

Hi @Squooshy

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry you're having problems receiving calls on your number since transferring your services over to us.  I agree that 30 minutes is a long time to be waiting in the call queue.

Can you send us over your details and we'll help you from here?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

If you are not getting incoming calls due to a porting issue, then you won't get incoming calls 'diverted' to your mobile either until the porting issue is fixed either , and obviously you won't need it then !!

You don't really need a visit to your home from an engineer, after all if one does turn up, and they  have the slightest understanding of number porting , they won't be able to do anything in your home to fix it, 

The mods on here normally take number port issues and arrange for the port request to be re-issued, which almost certainly is what you need to get the number ported from your old provider 

0 Ratings
Squooshy
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

That's what we figured, definitely a point in the "its a porting issue" category.

We tried to explain to the customer care lady, but as I said, she was very amendment that we have one sent out anyways, one who never showed anyways... 

Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings