cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 211 of 224

Re: New Digital Voice home phone service on BT

If you don't answer your landline it can divert to your mobile if it is set to do so.

If your landline is not ringing at all try rebooting the hub, that normally fixes it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 212 of 224

Just a thought. Check in Settings - Sounds - Ringing - Volume and check that the handsets are not set to Ringer Off.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 213 of 224

Hi @Simillger 

Digital Voice has a setting called Multi Call where for example if there are two people in the house, both can make/receive calls at the same time, as if you had two phone numbers. If you don't need this then I would suggest turning it off. I've had a similar experience to what you are describing and the solution that solved it to me was to turn it off.

On a handset, press Menu, then Settings, go down to Line Settings and Select.  Then Call Settings, it will then say Call mode, if it shows Multi Call use the left/right arrow to change it to Single call and then press Save. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 214 of 224

Has anyone been able to backup the phone contacts on these new handsets as if the Hub is reset the  numbers are lost.

Cheers,

Ken

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 215 of 224

Yes, if you go to the hub manager page: http://bthomehub.home/, login so that you can do Admin functions and then Select Phone. Click on the Contacts tab and then Export and you can save the contacts.vcf file.

You can browse to that file and Import it from there too. Make sure you re-export it if you add or change contacts so that it will be up-to-date if you need it!

Richard

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 216 of 224

Thanks for the update barnpiece.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 217 of 224

BT seem to be making a mess of Digital Voice looks like you can order it with all fibre installs.  In my case it was ordered with my Fibre with note that Engineer would install during my fibre install visit.

Engineer turns up installs the Finre without issue, says he know nothing about Digital Voice it is new to him!  Suggests I just connect and it will work.

He leaves, I pair phone to Hib and get no Voice Service error.  Hub Manager shows no Voice Serivce active.

Call BT tell me only certain properties can get DV and not me I now need my Cu line transferring for phone.

Question, why did they allow me to order DV when it doesn’t work at my address and then wait for my install date to tell me and the start new order to move my phone to my Cu line.

Cant believe how inept BT are at setting up a new phone line for a new customer...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 218 of 224

I had this problem last week, incoming calls would ring all of the DV phones, I could hear the caller but the caller couldn't hear me.

Reported it to BT last Friday afternoon, and within 2 hours I had a message that someone had done something at the exchange (I assume) end and they are working fine now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 219 of 224

@FBK wrote:

I had this problem last week, incoming calls would ring all of the DV phones, I could hear the caller but the caller couldn't hear me.

Reported it to BT last Friday afternoon, and within 2 hours I had a message that someone had done something at the exchange (I assume) end and they are working fine now.

I think you will find that the DV service does not rely on the exchange, its all done on the core network, so in your case the outgoing routing path was missing, and was probably still being connected to the exchange concentrator.

The PSTN (Exchange Equipment) is due to be ceased from about 2025. I suspect its likely to take longer than that.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 220 of 224

Still no joy from BT on the issue with incoming LANDLINE calls to my Digital Voice phone / service, despite two lengthy calls with BT on 4th and 11th.  So I am paying for a landline that is effectively useless / not working.  

On the call of 4th, spent over an hour whilst various checks and tests were done.  At the end of the call it was decided the issue was with the exchange.  I got an email to say the issue had been resolved.

On my last call I was advised that there was some issue from having switched (almost 2 years ago) to BT from Virgin Media.  Virgin Media needed to do some sort of techie thing their end to complete the switching process.

The (very helpful) customer service staff member said he'd escalate the problem to a senior manager who would call me on 14th September.  There was no call (they did have my mobile!)

0 Ratings