cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

New Digital Voice phone with Alexa built in

The new phones with Alexa built in enables voice dialing using your shared contacts from mobile.  no more need to enter contacts into phone.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/02/bt-launch-alexa-enabled-home-phone-for-uk-broadband-us...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: New Digital Voice phone with Alexa built in

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I find the best thing with new handsets with Alexa included is if you share your mobile contacts with Alexa then there is no need to enter contacts into phone as you can use Alexa to make calls using your mobile contacts

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Any idea how the Alexa options are enabled on Digital Voice, I can't see any new options on the phone or router. I'm presuming I don't need to replace all my existing HD handsets to make this work?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @converse420   It is a brand new handset. See the handset manual in my post. You cannot use the old Advanced or Essential HD handsets for Alexa.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

**bleep**!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

We received one of these as part of a recent installation. I was hoping that the Alexa part would be in the charging base - like an echo dot that the phone charges on. Instead it’s a button press on the handset to activate, which to my mind makes it effectively useless. So we still need to have the dot next to it for voice activated queries...

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

I found the big advantage of having Alexa on the new phone is the ability to voice dial using your shared contacts from your mobile saving you from having to input contacts in the phone

0 Ratings