Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Chelle2402
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

New build help!!!!

Hi,

Can anyone help please.  A number of properties on the new build estate I have moved to are having problems getting a phone line installed.  Engineer visits are being made and not kept.  There are tales of lines not being far enough down roads even though houses after them have working lines!  The usual Openreach vs BT saga!!!  (Although an Openreach van made it to the street without the engineer actually getting out!)

Phoning and complaining is not getting us anywhere.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: New build help!!!!

You previouly posted in 12/13 and mods offered assistance - what was the outcome?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Chelle2402
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Mod was really helpful with my house. Not sure how to contact one to help my neighbours
0 Ratings
Chelle2402
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Is there a way to contact a mod for help please?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

You neighbours would need to join the forum and post the problem so that they can be dealt with.

0 Ratings
Chelle2402
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Problem is they haven't got the internet because of the problem installing the line. Just thought I could pass on contact details to a mod and they might be able to help?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Unless they are BT customers there is nothing the mods can do as it is Openreach that are responsible for the supply and maintenance of the network for all service providers
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

The information you have heard may well be true as the houses further on may have cables routed in a different direction to another cabinet it is also very possible and this happens on many new builds the developers have not arranged with Openreach for the needed infrastructure to be in place for cables to be laid
0 Ratings