Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikey_d
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

New build house!

Afternoon,

I'm due to move into a new build house in the next few weeks and am having issues arranging broadband or telephone services with BT or any other provider because of my postcode! I have registered my new postcode with Royal Mail and can see it on their website. However after numerous phone calls to BT and hours wasted they seem to be unable to manually add my new address/postcode to their systems. I was informed that they would have to wait for their system to update but they couldn't tell me who that update was with or how long it would take! All I want is my address added to the openreach database/system so I can get connectivity please help!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: New build house!

The problem may well be related to your last sentence.

You may need to ask the builders when Openreach are doing their bit regarding connecting lines to the external box. I understand that until this is done nothing can appear on the database as it doesn't exist. 

If you are part of a new development you may be connected in blocks of houses ( not individually) at a time when Openzone can do it - their time frame not yours unfortunately but hopefully before you move in

0 Ratings