cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pont
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: New build, new connection, no engineer, no connection

I'm going through the same process as you. You could be waiting a lot longer, I past 6 months of waiting last week.

I've done a lot of research and digging on mine so could help on understanding it from a new build perspective.

First does anyone in your new estate have a working line?

0 Ratings
floridaholden
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

There are about fifty plots in this development, 75% are completed and occupied since summer 2013.

All the other houses and apartments up to our plots are connected to BT landline and broadband or variants thereof. The house, master sockets and cables are prepped and good to go. Site manager knows what he's doing and has done everything OpenReach need to connect these properties.

Advice from the other residents is: don't hold your breath.

With BT retail chasing OpenReach, this may prove sage advice.
0 Ratings
Pont
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Sounds like all the infrastructure is in then if 75% people have lines.

Do you have a proper Openreach box thing outside your house or just cables stick out of the ground?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
floridaholden
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 14

I am looking out my window, staring at the OpenReach box across the driveway.

Yes, we are prepped and ready from this end - I was talking to the site manager moments ago who explained that everything in terms of cabling from master to box is most definitely ready for OpenReach.

Our neighbour is the the sames situation, and getting similarly poor help from BT retail re getting the connection done.
0 Ratings