cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmaface
Message 1 of 4

New build phone line installation repeatedly cancelled & postponed

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and was hoping for some answers. I can see quite a few people have had similar problems to mine.

As of the 27th of this month, it will have been a month since we first booked an engineer to come install the phone line in our new build house. The first appointment was cancelled and re-booked by text. The next booked appointment, we stayed in all day to wait for the engineer who didn't turn up, called BT for an answer, they said they were being held up by the building developers. Talked to the building developers, no such hold up on their end. BT have since rescheduled, and postponed, twice. They're now due on the 27th and I'm not feeling hopeful that they'll show up. Calling BT has left both me and my husband very angry, it frustrates me that they have been so unhelpful and unapologetic. It also seems so rude to just cancel and re-book appointments by text, which by the way, always seem to come ridiculously late at night (11-12pm?) or very early in the morning (6am!), or to not even tell us at all. It's aggravating to know that there's nothing we can do but sit and take this until the line is put in. We've spent money on a wifi dongle in the meantime, gone over our allowances for our data on our phones, spent quite a bit of money calling BT from our mobiles - all of this, just to try and get the phone line installed. But what can we do?!

Sorry for ranting, just a lot of pent up frustration...

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New build phone line installation repeatedly cancelled & postponed

do you know if any of your neighbours have phone lines installed?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
emmaface
Message 3 of 4

Our next door neighbour is having the same struggles as us, but the flats across the street went up a few months before our houses, and they seem to have TV and stuff. I saw a BT van down here the other day so there must be something going on?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

often with new build developments the cable work has not been completed yet and you need to take that up with your developer/contractor.  you are not an openreach customer so they will not deal with you - if contractor says cabling has been completed then back to your ISP BT Retail

BT Retail and openreach are totally independent companies within the BT Group.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings