Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

New land line - FRUSTRATIONS

Go to solution

Good morning

I have moved house into a property i know is within a fibre activated area so contact BT to have the line upgraded to fibre so here is the sequence of events

1) I order fibre broadband on the 5th Octrober - i received all BT emails that confirmed this

2) I received an automated text on the 6th October which cancelled the order due to 'fibre not currently being available in the area'

3)I contacted BT who said it was an error and the the text should not have been sent or the order cancelled but as it had i reordered Fibre on the on the 6th October for landline activation and broadband on the 24th October.

4)I booked the day off work on the 24th Octoiber to make sure i was in but there was no engineer and no update. On chasing BT they confirmed there had been an error and the order hadnt properly gone through to Openreach.

5) i expressed my frustration at poor service and BT confirm they would set up the Landline first and investigate braodband later

6) So i had to reorder for a BT landline on the 25th October for installation on the 6th November 

(i have sockets in the aprtment that say bt openreach on them so it cannot be a hard installation)

7) my concern now is that the when i track my order is says the following  'NOT CONFIRMED'

Order Summary

Landline
Engineer visit

We need to check everything is OK with your order before we can commit to this appointment slot.

All i want in internet and i have been at this landline fiasco since the 6th October - awful service

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: New land line - FRUSTRATIONS

Go to solution

as you have no landline at present use your address and post the results  delete address but leave exchange and cab  

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

thanks for the quick repsonse but i think you have misunderstood my question 

I just want my landline installation completing but at the moment i have no confidence and would like help from BT

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Hesthekeeper sorry that your landline service has not been activated yet and your current order is not showing as confirmed. 

Please contact the Orders Live Chat team and they will be able to check on your order and update you. Post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi john

Thankyou for your help 

the telephone operative said my order is in progress to be completed and the services will be activated on 15/11/2018 by mid night, so please be rest assured there is no engineer aligned with the order but it will be aligned soon as it is a new connection, once an engineer will be aligned to complete the installation you will be informed via text and email, every thing is fine with the order.

I said that i had actually booked it for the 6th november and when i checked my order it said

Tue 6 Nov 2018
Landline
Engineer visit

We need to check everything is OK with your order before we can commit to this appointment slot.

the telephone operative replied by saying

Daniel, there in no available slots for 6th November, and the openreach engineers are already informed about the new installation, once an engineer is aligned you'll be informed and the services will be activated in 15/11/2018 by mid night, the order is already committed for activation, engineer will be sent to install the services within due time and as I've already mentioned earlier, you'll be informed 48 hours prior visit.

dont think they understood that i do have a booking on the 6th november as above??

So do i just wait and see if i receive anything for the 6th and then wait and see about the 15th ??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Hesthekeeper It could be that Openreach are unable to resource the appointment for the 6th and it has been moved to the earliest available slot. If you send us your details we will be happy to check the order for you. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

message sent

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Still havent received any response, phone call or email other than the notifcation that my message has been received?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@Hesthekeeper wrote:

Still havent received any response, phone call or email other than the notifcation that my message has been received?

Under ideal conditions, the moderators can normally deal within 48 hours, but they are running a bit behind at the moment as they are only a small team based in the UK. They will however take full ownership until any issues are resolved. They are a very good team.

All request are dealt with in strict order.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Hesthekeeper I'm sorry about the delay getting back to you, we're quite busy in the mod team at the moment. Please be assured that we have your details and will be in touch with an update today. 

0 Ratings