cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RKessell
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

New line and broadband connection - complaint escalation process

13 August 2018 - order placed for new phone line and broadband service to new property, cancelling services at current property. Date for completion: 28 September 2018 

13 August 2018 - order confirmed by BT

During the interim, unsure of exact date, T/C to BT asking for an update, explaining importance of having a phone line at the new property due to sudden and significant ill health of husband/father - admitted to hospital by ambulance on 12 September

28 September - move to new property. No phone line (so no broadband) but service cancelled at old property.  New handsets and broadband box received but unable to use.  

29 September - Husband/father passed away.  T/c to BT to explain circumstances and ask for access to a phone line, told not to 'panic' when I got upset on the phone and staff member started humming a tune while accessing information, his attitude towards my mother and I was unacceptable in the circumstances, very poor customer relations skills.  Next member of staff I spoke to was much more compassionate but unable to help.  Complaint about previous member of staff made - no follow up re this to date.  

18 October - engineer visit, told us he was unable to complete the job as it required 2 people due to location of power lines and that this should have been picked up during initial survey.  We are still unsure if this 'initial survey' was/has been completed.  

Wk commencing 29 October - advice sought from Communications Ombudsman

12 November - no progress. 

Have been assigned a 'case manager' who calls/texts to say there's no progress and if this continues it will be escalated.  We have been 'escalated' three times already.  

Our mobile bills are extortionate (eg. one phoneusually £23, last month £130).  Trying to deal with our bereavement, family and work/business using small mobile phones and patchy signal is ridiculous.  We have subscriptions to Amazon Prime, Netflix etc we are unable to use.  I am unable to work from home to be there to support my mum due to no broadband.  

We have had accounts with BT and no other providers for both home and business.  Our neighbour, in a similar property on the same side of the road, was connected and up and running within 2 weeks of placing the order - with Plusnet.  

My mum is desperate for a working phone.  She will be speaking to the press, her MP etc this week. 

Advice? Help? Please?!

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: New line and broadband connection - complaint escalation process

are you trying to get FTTP - fibre to the premises or FTTC fibre to cabinet and copper from cabinet to home

is this a new build home?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
RKessell
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

This is a new build home, as was our neighbours.  A phone line to the house would be a start, fibre would be a bonus.  I don't know if it's FTTP or FTTC.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

can you enter your address and post results  remember delete address  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
RKessell
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Struggling to do this, how can I delete the address?  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

save screen shot in something like paint then your casn post on forum using 'photos'

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
RKessell
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

BT9.jpg

0 Ratings
nmackle
Message 8 of 13

Can I also hop onto this. 

It has been three months since we first contacted BT regarding setting up our broadband. We have been told that it is Fibre to the premises/property but honestly dont know what is happening. We keep being told that there is no update and Openreach are going to update BT which never happens. 

Anyone any info that could help I would really appreciate it. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

‘This is a new build home, as was our neighbours.’

Is it a New Build as in a new Estate built by a Developer like Barrett’s or just a small self build done by a small local builder?

If it’s s smaller one there would’ve maybe be a Survey done by Openreach but even if the drop wire that will need to fix to an Electrical Pole and needs two Engineers, one is only there for ‘safety’ as this is a legal requirement of the Electric Board then the Installation Engineer should request a Safety Assist on th day. The job isn’t built for two Engineers to attend simultaneously.

Sounds to me like the Engineer was looking for an excuse to sack the job off.

You see there’s two types of Openreach Engineer, ones who do what they’re paid to do and just get on with it. Then there’s the slack **bleep** who look at a job and think, oh no, looks a bit like to much hard work, I’ll make up some excuse and let one of the others come and other types of Engineer come and sort it.
0 Ratings
CornRoadInver
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Unfortunately can’t offer any help other than to hope that it gets resolved for you soon. Suffering similar issues with ongoing issues getting openreach to do the connection to a new build too. Hopefully the experts/ experience of the forum will provide guidance to a speedy resolution 

0 Ratings