Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darg
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

New phone line install location

Go to solution

Hi

Sorry if this has been asnwered before but I have searched with BT and Openreach but could not find an answer.

I have ordered Infinty broadband which will require a new phone line to be installed as I don't have a BT line at the moment.  Currently all I have is a very old two core cable from the telephone pole to my house.  This cable comes in through the wall and is currently in my meter cupboard not connected to anything at all just hanging in mid air.

Does anyone know if this cable will be good enough for infinity broadband?

Also, will the engineer install the new master socket in my front room beside the TV if I ask or will they just put a master socket in my meter cupboard where the cable is now?  I have also ordered BTTV so it won't be much use by my meter cupboard.

Again sorry if this has already been answered and many thanks in advance for any advice.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: New phone line install location

Go to solution
ask the engineer when he calls they can install the master usually near were you want it
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

As its a new install, Openreach will fit the master socket wherever you want, provided its possible. You need to ask on the day of installation.

0 Ratings
darg
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Keith, I appreciate your help.

0 Ratings
darg
Beginner
Message 5 of 5