Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
danny_chev
Message 1 of 3

New pole wire relocation fitting to house

Go to solution

BT have replaced the pole near our house and have reattached the cable to the house at about 6 or 7 inches lower then the original position.   It used to be attached to a corner bracket which was quite discreet.  Now it looks a mess with the wire from the new eye bolt going round the wall, connecting to the wire coming down the wall through some protective shield.  

Why would they put the eye bolt so much lower than the original location and is there anything I can do?  Can I paint the hook and the protecting sleeve for example?  Do I have to get BT to move it?

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: New pole wire relocation fitting to house

Go to solution
If it’s one of those old brackets they attached to the house during Build Process back in the day they’re now allowed to use them anymore.

They have to use those eyebolts now. They can’t be put on a End/corner brick. They have to go on at least the second brick inwards.

As to why they’ve put it lower don’t know? If you contact Openreach through their web site and say you’re not happy with the workmanship of the Poling Team they’ll send someone out to see if it can be moved.
0 Ratings
danny_chev
Message 3 of 3

Re: New pole wire relocation fitting to house

Go to solution

Cheers - I'll contact Openreach

0 Ratings