cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Next Generation of calling letter

Go to solution

I have recently received a letter from BT about the ‘next generation’ of calling. It tells me my phone line is going to be moved from the old copper network to the new Digital Voice network. Over a year ago I moved across to the new Super Fast Fibre (I understood this moved me from copper network to Fibre).  Am I right in thinking this was for Broadband only and the letter is purely phone? I had assumed when I updated to SFF it was for phone and broadband.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Next Generation of calling letter

Go to solution

The letter is purely about telephony.

If you have full fibre to the house (FTTP) then currently your broadband is via the fibre but your voice service is via a copper cable. If you have fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) then your broadband is fibre to the cabinet and then copper to your house. Telephony is via the same copper cable to your house. With Digital Voice, telephony is provided via your broadband service regardless of how that is delivered.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

They're probably moving you over to digital voice. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@NigelB72 wrote:

They're probably moving you over to digital voice. 

There's a fair chance 😉

I have recently received a letter from BT about the ‘next generation’ of calling. It tells me my phone line is going to be moved from the old copper network to the new Digital Voice network.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Digital voice is mentioned in the letter. It's not a scam then. Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you....
0 Ratings