Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teddy1958
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

No Caller Display since thunderstorm

Go to solution

Some weeks ago there was a bad storm in the area and broadband and phone lines were out if action for about 24 hrs.

Since the our phones no longer showed called ID.

We thought maybe the storm had damaged then and bought new BT premium phones which do still not show caller ID.

Unable to get through to BT by phone but had two online chats with BT agents but no joy. I was told my version of Caller Display was out of date and they would upgrade it, at not cost!!!!

I don't know where to go from here but have read on here that it could be a fault with the broadband port at the exchange

We have landline and broadband with BT.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: No Caller Display since thunderstorm

Go to solution

Try dialling *234#, which turns it on if necessary.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Teddy1958
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.

We have checked that and it is definitely activated. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

As you've had no joy with your phone calls I'm asking the forum moderators (BT staff) to see if they can lend  a hand. They will post contact info here later.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Teddy1958 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.  I'm sorry you're having problems using Caller Display.  I appreciate the time you have spent trying to get this sorted out.  You can get in touch with us and we'll give you a hand.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Teddy1958,

Sorry I missed you when I called this afternoon. 

I spoke to your husband and it looks like we finally managed to get this fault fixed. I'm sorry about how long this has taken but I'm glad that this fault is now resolved. 

Matt