cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: No Dial Tone - Broadband Still Works.

Go to solution

Hi Richard,

By any chance, have you tried plugging your phone into the back of your BT home hub?

You should be able to make outgoing calls and also recieve calls providing that you signed up to BT's free BT Voip service (it does have anohter name but cant remember).

CG

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
lilrichieh
Beginner
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

Not got my internet with BT unfortunatley. 

Richard

0 Ratings
l8z
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

change the adsl fillter...... this just happened to me! i replaced that and it worked a treat 🙂 good luck

0 Ratings
snoopy
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Hi I am new here so I do not know if I can put this here or have to start a new thread.

Exactly the same thing has happened to me on Saturday. Bt was supposed to phone me back but never did. i am finding this very hard to test sockets etc as I am disabled and find kneeling, and bending very difficult. Bt are saying the same thing to me it is in the home. They have left me high and dry without a landline. I will have to try and find a neighbour in tomorrow and try and use their phone to phone BT again. I am so angry about all this.

0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Hi there snoopy and welcome,

It would have been better to start a new thread as this one is marked as solved, never mind though I'm sure you will get replies.

I understand your problem with testing ( I am in the same boat) the thing is that if the problem is with your internal wiring, filters etc. it will cost you £130 for an engineers visit.  Do you have a kind neighbour friend or relative that could do this testing for you.

Do you have any extension sockets?? Is your main socket (where the line comes into the house) accessible for you.

Patty-L

0 Ratings
snoopy
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

No I have no one who can help. The main thingy (as you can see i am not very techy) is by the front door, it is the old style not socket, you have to unscrew and attach wires or something. I will have to get BT in. When I lift the receiver on one of my phones the display says phone line disconnected, anyone who phones in is getting constant engaged tone. It is really strange how Lilrichieh had the exactly same problem on the same day as me.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution
0 Ratings
busleg
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

I have the same problem, no dial tone but Broadband is okay!!

I tried 3 filters with the same result UNTIL i disconnected the broadband connection from the filter then the dial tone returned?????

Could the router drag the phone line down if faulty??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

@busleg wrote:

I have the same problem, no dial tone but Broadband is okay!!

I tried 3 filters with the same result UNTIL i disconnected the broadband connection from the filter then the dial tone returned?????

Could the router drag the phone line down if faulty??

If its a home hub 1 or 2, where there is internal phone circuitry which goes faulty.

Its also possible on later home hubs if the surge protector goes short circuit.

0 Ratings