Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 4

No Dial Tone but FTTC Broadband OK

Go to solution

As per the title our landline service is dead (no dial tone outbound / number unobtainable inbound) but the broadband continues unaffected.

Is this going to be an exchange line card fault?

Have raised a fault but it is saying a week to fix....

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: No Dial Tone but FTTC Broadband OK

Go to solution

When you say, Number Unobtainable on inbound calls is that a message you hear or does it just ring out as normal but not on your phone.

If you’re getting the message it would most likely indicate a Conc/LIC Fault and if that’s the case most if not all circuits on the same Conc/LIC will also be affected so would warrant a Call Out from BT Technology, they are the Engineering Team that Maintain the Core Network.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks @Starwire .

Inbound callers were just hearing three beeps, no ringtone.

So the phone rang about 45 minutes ago couldn't get to it the first time but the second time it was a 'text to voice' message saying that my landline SMS service had been set up (I had never turned it off!).

Now have dial tone again.

So it sounds like it was some sort of config wipe on my landline service, and they have now reset it.

I guess the old POTS equipment is on its last legs now. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Has been for years now and gets worse in the summer months when Exchanges get to hot.

A friend who works for BT Technology calls Summer Millionaires Month as they are constantly getting Call Outs. Not bad given each call out pays at least £160 and you’re getting 4 or 5 of them a week. 

0 Ratings