cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ocean
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

No Dially Tone - Amusement Day

To day my Internet connection was lost, on checking I found there was no dialling tone to any of my phones. I used my mobile to contact BT and this is where the fun begins:

I explained to the problem with the phone to the Lady who answered the phone and I had checked all sockets including the master socket - no dailling tone.

I was asked why it was not working and was I speaking to her using the landline from my home?

I explained - again - the problem....................the line is dead, no dialling tone, I`m ringing using my mobile phone.

I was asked again, why do I have no dialling tone?

This is where I gave up and hung up. No wonder people complain about BT Smiley Mad

Eventually the phones came back on.

BT, sort yourself out Smiley Frustrated

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: No Dially Tone - Amusement Day

just take a deep breath and try again
0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: No Dially Tone - Amusement Day

I'm in the same boat but when I called an automated system ran a test on my line and found there was a fault. I've been told it may take a week to be fixed though
---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings