Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IcEmAn911
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

No Dialtone

Go to solution

Hello,

I currently require some assistance please.

Have had both my telephone line and broadband service installed two weeks ago (today), went to dial out today upon returning to my apartment to find that I have no dial tone. All I can hear is a bit of white noise/hissing and sometimes it reverts to a siren sound (heard when the telephone hasn't been put down properly). 

Could I seek some assistance from a mod about having an engineer come out to take a look at the issue? Have tried connecting it through the test socket and alas it's still the same issue. Broadband is working though (fortunately). 

Kind Regards

Hon

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: No Dialtone

Go to solution
You need to report a phone fault to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
IcEmAn911
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Thank you for your swift reply.

Is there a way to do it without incurring costs on a mobile? Obviously I can't use the landline...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Pay phone?
0 Ratings
IcEmAn911
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Thank you 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

If you have a smartphone then install smarttalk and as your broadband is still working you ca make calls using your own wifi - check smarttalk out

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
IcEmAn911
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks for the advice!

Have logged the fault via 151! Hopefully it gets fixed by 16th June which is the current lead-time.
0 Ratings
IcEmAn911
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

This thread can be closed now as the BT Engineer came round this morning and managed to fix the fault!

Thanks everyone for the advice and help provided especially about the payphone!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
it cannot be closed but you have marked the post as solved
0 Ratings