Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Moe70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

No Incoming or Outgoing Calls on my phone

Go to solution

I have a BT phone and Broadband. I don't receive many calls but for the last couple of days the phone would ring, but wouldn't connect me to the caller. Today I tried to make a call and the same thing happened, I couldn't connect to the caller. I've got a broadband signal so it's the landline that has the fault. Before I make a official complaint, is there anything I could do.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: No Incoming or Outgoing Calls on my phone

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

You need to try another phone if possible.

Also try connecting the phone to the test socket, to see if you can get dial tone there.

test socket.jpg

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

did you try a different phone to eliminate a phone problem

did you try using the test socket with new filter to eliminate your internal wiring

if tried bothe and still same then just report a phone fault to 151 - no complaint just need engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Moe70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
I'll have to use the BT app to report fault as my line is dead on this phone.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@Moe70 wrote:
I'll have to use the BT app to report fault as my line is dead on this phone.

Or you can call 0800 800 151 on a mobile phone.

0 Ratings
Moe70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

All sorted. Engineer came out and put the latest junction box on the wall, then he disconnected two other sockets in the house as my phones are wifi and I wasn't using these boxes anyway.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@Moe70 wrote:

All sorted. Engineer came out and put the latest junction box on the wall, then he disconnected two other sockets in the house as my phones are wifi and I wasn't using these boxes anyway.

You will probably charged for that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12439/~/engineer-home-improvement-service-charges

0 Ratings
Moe70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Might be, but I had phoned 151 hours earlier to cancel and told the engineer this when he turned up, but he said that he would check things for me. So my cancellation call to Cardiff is on tape somewhere.

0 Ratings