cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pacronin
Message 1 of 8

No Phone Line for 4 Weeks

We have not been able to make or receive phone calls for 4 weeks.

We live in a rural area with no mobile reception. This fault has placed enormous strain on our personal and professional lives and we are suffering every day.

BT/BT Openreach continually advise a fix date within 3 days, only to repeatedly delay the fix 3-7 days with no explanation or additional information.

History of issue given below. We have yet to see an Engineer respond to this issue. We don’t know what to do. Please help.

3rd April: Not able to make or receive phone calls (no dial tone) and internet speed dropped from 6Mb to 1Mb. Fault reported to BT (BT Fault Number: VOL012-edited by mod).

3rd April: BT communicated fix complete within 3 days.

9th April: BT communicated delay via text message with no explanation, no further information and no revised fix date

11th April: BT ‘Live Chat’ advisor communicated fix will be complete within 3 days

11th  April: BT called and ‘John’ communicated fix will be complete within 3 days

16th April: Called BT, who communicated delay was due to ‘waiting on planning’

16th April: Called Kent County Council Planning, Sevenoaks District Council and Roadworks Co-ordinator or for Sevenoaks area who confirmed no planning/permission requests from BT or BT Openreach had been made in the area and also confirmed this is a ‘common lie’ made by BT to ‘put off’ customers who are suffering with phone line faults for an extended period of time

16th April: Called BT, spoke to Krhik and requested escalation to manager. Spoke to Rahul who promised me he would escalate and call me back, which did not happen

16th April: Called BT, spoke to Sanjib (floor manager) who promised me he would escalate and call me back, which did not happen

16th April: Reported directly to BT Openreach, who communicated they could not help

17th April: BT communicated delay via text message with no explanation, no further information and no revised fix date

17th April: BT communicated via text message that fix will be complete by 24th April, which did not happen

25th April: Called BT, and spoke to Bibin, who refused to escalate to a manager and promised to personally escalate and call back Monday 28th April with an update, which did not happen

28th April: BT communicated delay via text message with no explanation, no further information and no revised fix date

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: No Phone Line for 4 Weeks

please delete your ref number and account number for your own security as this is a public forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

the forum mods will post a contact us link when they read this post 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi pacronin,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I can look into this for you and see what I can find out. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
pacronin
Message 5 of 8

I'll add this to my ever increasing log...

New enquiry reference number: ******-******

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

please delete the ref for your security

0 Ratings
dave303
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Comiserations!    

@pacronin wrote:

We have not been able to make or receive phone calls for 4 weeks.

We live in a rural area with no mobile reception. This fault has placed enormous strain on our personal and professional lives and we are suffering every day.

BT/BT Openreach continually advise a fix date within 3 days, only to repeatedly delay the fix 3-7 days with no explanation or additional information.

History of issue given below. We have yet to see an Engineer respond to this issue. We don’t know what to do. Please help.

3rd April: Not able to make or receive phone calls (no dial tone) and internet speed dropped from 6Mb to 1Mb. Fault reported to BT (BT Fault Number: VOL012-edited by mod).

3rd April: BT communicated fix complete within 3 days.

9th April: BT communicated delay via text message with no explanation, no further information and no revised fix date

11th April: BT ‘Live Chat’ advisor communicated fix will be complete within 3 days

11th  April: BT called and ‘John’ communicated fix will be complete within 3 days

16th April: Called BT, who communicated delay was due to ‘waiting on planning’

16th April: Called Kent County Council Planning, Sevenoaks District Council and Roadworks Co-ordinator or for Sevenoaks area who confirmed no planning/permission requests from BT or BT Openreach had been made in the area and also confirmed this is a ‘common lie’ made by BT to ‘put off’ customers who are suffering with phone line faults for an extended period of time

16th April: Called BT, spoke to Krhik and requested escalation to manager. Spoke to Rahul who promised me he would escalate and call me back, which did not happen

16th April: Called BT, spoke to Sanjib (floor manager) who promised me he would escalate and call me back, which did not happen

16th April: Reported directly to BT Openreach, who communicated they could not help

17th April: BT communicated delay via text message with no explanation, no further information and no revised fix date

17th April: BT communicated via text message that fix will be complete by 24th April, which did not happen

25th April: Called BT, and spoke to Bibin, who refused to escalate to a manager and promised to personally escalate and call back Monday 28th April with an update, which did not happen

28th April: BT communicated delay via text message with no explanation, no further information and no revised fix date

No phone line for 8 weeks !  

I have been trying to get a phone line installed to my house for weeks now.    I tried initially  in August via Talk Talk  but gave up due to appalling customer service .   They blamed Open Reach , which I am coming to the conclusion is probably a valid complant.   I switched to BT  around Oct 5th and they promised me a phone/ broadband package in 2 weeks.     Come installation day Oct 19th   I made a few phone calls then  line went dead .   Rang up  ( with  usual massive queues)    to be told  line was active with another user   and  I  would have t o get him to ring in to release the line .      Previous occupant had left weeks before as I know him.   He was a customer with Talk Talk  and said he no longer had a land line with them , but rang both Talk Talk  & BT to explain.        BT then cancelled my order!     Many long and frustrating calls later   I was promised a new order and an expedited installation around  31st Oct.      Was then contacted to be told this was not possible and installation would be  8th Nov.    

Come  8th November  no phone line.     Many calls later  was told that there is a problem (not told what)   and I could expect an update on the 10th November .     I an no nearer an  answer to my complaint.

throughout this process  I  am constantly referred to order management who seem incapable of managing my order .   Most  calls last at least 20 mins  and  some have just been cut off .    

If there was another phone line provider , like Virgin  say, I would use them like a shot but sadly all the operators in my area  use BT open reach as phone line providers .

Yours  in frustration 

David Clarke

0 Ratings
Havnalaff
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

@dave303, you say you live in a rural area? Are you surprised then that you are having difficulties? Lack of Mobile signal, neither 2G or 4G working? Your beef is with the UK Government, who are supposed to be solving all these problems.

0 Ratings