Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

No Phone Service

Go to solution

Hi there,

Is any Mod able to check on the status of my Mother's phone line fault?

She is in her 80's, and although she has a mobile phone she can only manage to call me with it, and I am based over 100 miles from her.

She lost phone service a week ago when a car took out a pole near her property, and athough she has seen some Openreach activity she had no idea when to expect repairs, ans she is really struggling with no landline.

Regards,

Christine

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES
Message 2 of 10

Re: No Phone Service

Go to solution

Hi @Christine Sorry to hear the you Mother is without her telephone service and I can appreciate that she needs connecting asap. We are busy at the moment so it would be a few days before we could get to you. 

To get a quicker update please Service Status on her phone number and if you can't get an update there you would be best to contact the fault Chat Team .

Post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks Johnc,

Chat op saying should be fixed by Monday 9th 5pm,

Will get back to you if this does not happen,

Thanks

C

0 Ratings
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

UPDATE

So, Monday 12th 5pm came and went,  land line not fixed as promised. Had a call from BT that evening telling me taking a little longer than expected, will be fixed by 5pm today.

Just had another call saying work still not completed, and the BT caller cannot now give any completion date

This is pretty poor, my mother and father are in their 80's and rely on the phone. My father is under the doctor being treated for cancer and they need a phone servIce restored urgently.

I am over 100 miles away trying to get this sorted, and the callers from BT are not being very helpful and they are very difficult to undertand as they are all foreign.

Can a Mod PLEASE pick this up as a matter of urgency?

Regards,

Christine

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@Christine I'm really sorry the line has not been repaired yet, please can you send us your parents details using the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile? You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

NeilO,

I am logged in but there is no link in your profile to contact you?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@Christine My apologies, its there now.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Any good news yet NeilO?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Christine

Thanks for posting back!

I have checked our email queue and we have received your details.  As soon as you reach the top of the queue one of the guys will get back in touch to help with the problems you're having.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
Fault now repaired, thanks for the chat regarding this problem
Christine
0 Ratings