Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kendo50
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

No caller ID

Go to solution

I upgraded my broadband & phone package in october, which took effect from 17/10/16.
I was told that I would have caller display free for a year from the 17/10, and the girl on the phone i made the order with said she had set it up for me so i could see the number of the call, then decide whether to answer or not, but whenever anyone calls, the display just say's call, but no number. The phone is BT Freestyle 250, and supposed to have caller display. Any ideas please!. Is it possible she never activated it.??. Thanks...

Kendo50

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: No caller ID

Go to solution

What happens if you dial *234#

If its not been added, you can add it for free yourself, via this link.

You can re-enable free caller ID via this link.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/orderproduct?productId=CON-27455&produ...

Just select the option for free caller display for the next 12 months.

kendo50
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply!.
When i dialled *234# it say's "sorry this service is not available, please hang up", So it looks like it wasn't set up for me. Before i try the link you posted, is there multiple options to click on, because i don't want any calls being diverted, just the ability to see the number of the caller?. Again thanks for your reply...

Kendo50
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
You will have to add the" BT Privacy with caller display option". It usually takes abour 24 hours to get activated.
0 Ratings
kendo50
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
O.K. cheers for the Help!. All the best for xmas!!..

Kendo50
0 Ratings
Highlighted
YourEIN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
If you call BT and ask for BT Privacy with Caller Display to be free for 12 months, this will save you £1.75 per month 🙂 then, in 12 months call again and ask again.
===========================================

1. Is hub in the right 'hole'? If you have a '2-hole' socket, put the ADSL cable into the small square hole...
2. Make sure you are connecting to the correct 'SSID' e.g. BTHub6-1234
3. If you 'work from home', use a business line, not a residential line.
0 Ratings