cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevo5678
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

No dial tone after setting up divert to mobile

Hi my Wife set up a divert facility from our landline to my mobile two days ago.

Yesterday we noticed that there is no dial tone although people can ring in and successfully get diverted to my mobile.  We also have no problems with the internet.

The phone is a Cocero 1400.

I have tried power cycling and leaving it all unplugged for a while.  I have taken the phone leads out and in.

I wll appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Steve

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: No dial tone after setting up divert to mobile

Try following the self help page here.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9812/c/345,353

Remember to try using a  corded phone.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

When you put your line on divert, the dial-tone changes from a steady tone to an interrupted dial-tone, this alerts you to the fact that incoming calls are being diverted, do you have any tone or no tone of any kind ?
0 Ratings
stevo5678
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Hi, thanks for replying.  I have no tone at all.  As mentioned the calls are still being diverted to my mobile.

I have run the BT fault test and initially it said the fault appeared to be at the exchange but they would now like to make an appointment to come to the address.  It said there will be a charge of £129.99 if the problem is mym equipment but no one from BT have tried to help me yet so this seems to be jumping a few bases.

Any suggestions as to what to do next?  I am about to try a corded phone tonight...

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

You need to find your master socket, if it's a NTE 5 type socket the lower half cover can be removed exposing a test socket, plug a known working phone, preferably a corded phone , into this test socket and if you have no dialtone the problem is on the OR lineplant and charges shouldn't be an issue unless the OR network has been damaged on your property , like branches of a tree rubbing thru an overhead cable ( for example)... but thats not very common, if there is a dialtone in the test socket the problem isn't OR's and to continue with a visit could incur charges
0 Ratings