cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NODDYNODSVILLE
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

No dial tone,dead line.

Morning all, I have a BT4500 big button cordless phone with answer phone, running alongside BT infinety broadband. All has been well with phone since new ( about 9 months)  All of a sudden, the phone started displaying PLEASE CHECK LINE CORD. It is charging up ok, the internet is still working fine, and I have done the usual BT line check from my computer. Line check came back as no faults, all ok. I have checked my line in from outside upto master socket. The cable to the router is fine and the cable to the phone base answer machine is all good. No signs of dodgy cables or wires, and all connections are good. Any help in this matter would be much appreciated. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: No dial tone,dead line.

See

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13897/~/video--how-to-test-your-phone-line-and-check-...

If its working with a normal corded phone, then you could try resetting the base station.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

as Keith says. you need to try a known working corded phone in the test point of your main socket.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
NODDYNODSVILLE
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Away from home until next week, will keep you updated.
0 Ratings